Services Residential Moving   Office MovesDomestic Container Service • Storage Solutions

Moving to the U.S.? Contact Burgess Transfer!

The moving consultants at Burgess Transfer are experienced in handling the complexities of cross-border long distance moving between Canada and the United States. We understand the details involved in the process and will walk you through each step in order to ensure a safe, secure and trouble-free cross-border move. Call Burgess Transfer, your local Halifax moving company, for help with moves to the U.S. from Halifax.

Burgess Transfer, through United Van Lines, is available to provide quality moving services to and from the United States. There are many details involved with a move to the United States from Canada, such as customs requirements, shipping vehicles and charges. These moves require an experienced team in order to complete them properly. We offer experienced moving consultants who know what is required by you, the customer, and United Van Lines in order to provide you with the most trouble-free service on your move.

With our comprehensive moving services, our long distance movers can take care of all of your packing and moving needs. We use processes that will protect your belongings for the long drive, and we can label each container to make sure everything goes to the room it needs to be in. All fragile items are especially cared for, and necessary items will be packed last for easy access at your new home.

Moving from Canada to the U.S.

When moving from Canada to the U.S., it is very important that you have the correct documentation to prevent being charged with fines and duties. Documentation is necessary for household items, pets, alcohol and any vehicles you wish to bring with you. Getting the right documentation should be your first step during moves to the U.S. from Halifax.

If you are moving to the U.S. for a new job, your employer must sponsor you, and you must fill out multiple applications through your employer that will be sent to the Department of Labor and the INS. You will need to stay with the same company throughout the process for attaining your Green Card as switching companies will lead to needing to start the entire process over.

If you want your family to move with you to the U.S., you must file an application to become a citizen. A citizen of the U.S. can petition for a foreign spouse or child to come to the U.S. while your application is being processed. This process is shorter for immediate family, but it can take up to 10 years to get other relatives approved.

When you are moving from Canada to the U.S., it’s important to have the help of a reliable and efficient Halifax moving company that can get your personal items to your new home without problems. Contact Burgess Transfer today if you’re planning a move to the U.S. from Halifax.

Moving box

Planning a Move? Tell us about your local, corporate or long distance moving needs.

Created by

Legal notice